- Don’t piece meal your equipment together without consulting with a professional.
- Don’t fall for huge sales, where sale prices that are not really a sale.
- Don’t hesitate to look for Canadian approvals on the equipment. The CE cert is meaningless in North America.
- Don’t hesitate to ask the sales-people for their knowledge and background.
- Don’t believe in the claim that someone sells an all inclusive solar package.
- Don’t do your research on You-tube.
- Don’t buy cheap energy storage that may set your home on fire.
- Talk to a knowledgeable electrician before you start.
- Ask your ESA inspector before finding out you may be on the wrong course.
- Get expert advice for the proper materials.
- Do design your off-grid system with expansion in mind.
- Do make sure you are dealing with a reputable person / company.
- Be aware that PV modules produce DC electricity that can be more dangerous than AC power.
Here is a link to the ESA website to show you all the acceptable certification marks.https://esasafe.com/electrical-products/recognized-certification-marks/